Next: ASSU Dorm Representatives
Up: ASSU Financial Aid
- The Financial Aid Advocacy Office is responsible for formulating advocacy
strategies and priorities on financial aid issues in conjunction with
the ASSU Senate, the COP, student groups and other concerned students.
- The Financial Aid Advocacy Office can only advocate on financial aid
issues approved by a majority of the Senate, with consultation of the
student body in accordance with the provisions set out in the
- The Financial Aid Advocacy Office shall report to the Senate at least
twice a quarter.
- The Financial Aid Advocacy Office shall be responsible for providing
information and education to students about financial aid issues
through avenues such as newsletters and open forums.
- The Financial Aid Advocacy Office shall be responsible for gathering
student opinion with regard to financial aid issues through avenues
such as polls, surveys, discussions, and consultation with student
groups and communities. This shall not limit the Office from availing
itself of obtaining student input through polls conducted by other
agencies of the Association nor limit those agencies from seeking to
determine student opinion on financial aid matters.
- The Financial Aid Advocacy Office shall be responsible for organizing all
financial aid advocacy efforts of the Association which would perhaps
include correspondence and coordination with relevant lobby and
student organizations and correspondence with legislators,
administrations and other relevant bodies.
- The Financial Aid Advocacy Office shall be responsible for facilitating
and organizing student involvement of members of the Association in
financial aid advocacy campaigns, and the Financial Aid Advocacy Office shall
be responsible for involving and obtaining input from all sectors of
the diverse Stanford community.