Next: Standing Committees of
Up: Committees of the
- Each Standing Committee shall be vested
with the full power of the Senate for the purpose of investigating
any subject within its charge.
- Except as otherwise provided in the Constitution,
these By-Laws, or Acts of the Senate, all substantive actions
of a Standing Committee shall take the form of recommendations
to the Senate.
- Each Standing Committee shall consist
of at least five elected Senators.
- Each Senator shall be appointed to at
least one Standing Committee.
- The Council of Presidents shall appoint
one of their members to each Standing Committee as an ex-officio
- Each Standing Committee shall choose an elected Senator as its
chair, to be confirmed by the Senate.