Next: Nominations Commission
Up: Committee Staff Assistants
Previous: Senior Committee Staff
- Shall be members of the Association nominated by the
Committee on Committees and confirmed by the Senate.
- Shall serve a term of office concurrent with that of
the members of the Nominations Commission.
- May be removed by a two-thirds vote of the Senate.
At least forty-eight (48) hours written notice shall be given
to the individual in question, and he/she shall be allowed to
speak in his/her defense at the Senate meeting at which the removal
is to take place.
- Shall be paid a salary as specified in the Committee
Staff Assistants budget.
- There shall be three Committee Staff Assistants reporting
to the Senior Committee Staff Assistant. Each Committee Staff
Assistant shall also report to the Student Affairs committee.
- To assist the Nominations Commission in monitoring
committee attendance and activity of all Association representatives.
- Organizing and scheduling interviews of committee candidates
with the Nominations Commission.
- Publicizing openings on committees and otherwise seeking to attract
qualified candidates for Nominations Commission review.
- Notifying candidates of the Nominations Commission decisions soon
after those decisions.
- Creating a resource base whereby appointed committee members may learn of
the times and places of their meetings, and keeping updated lists for easy
reference of key contact people within those committees.
- To maintain files (agendas, the minutes of all meetings,
committee reports, etc.) on each committee.
- To monitor the progress of issues within committees,
report on those issues to the Senate, and assist Association
representatives in publicizing issues.