Up: Administrative Staff Assistants
Previous: Administrative Staff Assistants
- Shall not, during their term of office, serve as an elected officer
of the Association.
- Availability of these positions shall be advertised, and all
members of the Association shall be given an opportunity to apply
- Shall be nominated by the Administrative Staff Assistants'
Selection Committee, which shall consist of the Administrative Manager,
the Associate Administrative Manager, a current Administrative
Staff Assistant (who is not applying for reappointment and who is
selected to serve on the committee by the
Administrative Manager), a member of the Council of Presidents and A
Senator. A quorum of the committee shall consist of four members of the
committee. All decisions of the committee, including the initial
screening of applicants shall be by a quorum of the committee. No
decision of the committee shall be valid unless approved by three
members of the committee.
- Shall be nominated in the Winter quarter and confirmed by a
two-thirds vote of the Senate.
- Shall serve during the following Summer, Autumn, Winter, and
Spring quarters, or until their successors have taken office.
- Any or all of the Administrative Staff Assistants may be removed
by the Council of Presidents, subject to appeal to the Senate, or by a
two-thirds vote of the Senate. At least 48 hours written notice of
his/her removal shall be given to each Assistant being removed.
- If a vacancy occurs due to the death, resignation, or removal of
the one or more of the Administrative Staff Assistants, then the
Administrative Staff Assistants' Selection Committee shall nominate a
replacement for Senate approval, such an approval requiring a