Next: Casting a Ballot
Previous: Signature Sheets
- Election receipts shall be issued to all voters in
the Spring quarter general election.
- An election receipt shall be a two-part form containing
spaces for the voter's printed name, signature, and student identification
number. The receipt shall have printed on it the fiscal year
for which it is valid and the following statement: ``Save
this receipt. It must be presented each quarter of <year> in
order to obtain a refund of fees assessed. The ASSU does not
guarantee to be able to replace lost receipts. If replacement
is possible, a charge will be made.'' Receipts shall be designed
in such a manner so as to make it difficult to produce illegal
- Election receipts shall be numbered sequentially prior
to their distribution to the polling sites.
- Unmarked election receipts shall be treated as unmarked
ballots; marked election receipts shall be treated as marked
- All unused election receipts shall be destroyed within
one week after the election, except for those needed to issue
replacement receipts during the ensuing year. These shall be
clearly marked as duplicates and shall be transferred to the
custody of the Financial Manager.
- Duplicate copies of all marked election receipts shall
be sorted to permit easy location of any individual receipt.
These sorted receipts shall be kept securely in the Association
Office until after the Summer Quarter refund period of the fiscal
year following the election.