Next: Capital Budget
Up: Project and Capital
Previous: Service Projects
- The manager of each business project, in consultation
with the manager-designate for the following year, shall
draft a detailed budget for that project for the following
year. This budget shall be submitted to the Financial
Manager by a date specified in the timetable for the preparation
of the Association Operating Budget.
- The Financial Manager, in consultation with the Associate Financial
Manager, shall review and may modify the proposed
budget for each business project, and shall then present each budget
to the Senate Budget and Finance Committee for approval.
- The proposed budget for each business project,
as presented by the Financial Manager, shall be
approved by the Senate Budget and Finance Committee prior to the Committee's
consideration of the Association Operating Budget.
- The Financial Manager may modify the budget of a business
project. All such modifications shall be reported to the Senate
Budget and Finance Committee at its next meeting. The Senate retains
the ultimate authority to approve or disapprove such modifications.
- The Financial Manager shall maintain on file an accurate copy of
the budget of each business project as initially approved by the Senate
Budget and Finance Committee, and as subsequently modified by the
Financial Manager. Copies of these budgets shall be made available
to any member of the Senate upon his/her request. Senators shall not
make the information contained in these budgets public without the
consent of either the Financial Manager or the Senate.
- The Financial Manager shall consult with the Council of Presidents
and the Chair of the Senate Budget and Finance Committee prior to approving
any major changes in the finances or operations of any business project.