Next: Election of Undergraduate
Up: Membership in the
Previous: Membership in the
- The twenty elected regular members of the Senate, along
with the twenty elected alternate members, shall be chosen
each year in the Association general election. This election shall
be held on two consecutive weekdays
during the second, third, or fourth week of Spring Quarter, the exact
date to be specified in the By-Laws of the Association.
- Each of the elected regular and alternate members of the Senate shall,
at the time of their election and during their continuance in office,
be members of the Association and of the constituency they represent.
However, during the general election, members of the Association
may be elected from the constituency in which they will be enrolled during
the next academic year.
- An elected member of the Senate shall cease to be a member of the Senate
upon the event of her or his death, resignation,
disqualification, recall, or expulsion.
Except as otherwise provided in the By-Laws of the Association, the Senate
shall call such special elections as are required to fill
vacant regular seats
in the Senate, and may at its discretion call special elections to fill
vacant alternate seats.
- In the event that one or more regular seats in the Senate are vacant,
the membership of the Senate for the purpose of determining quorums and
counting votes shall be considered to be twenty-one minus the number of
vacant regular seats.
- Nothing in this section shall be interpreted as preventing the Senate
from enforcing appropriate sanctions against candidates whose actions in
seeking office were in violation of the laws governing student elections.