support

jt@linus.mitre.org
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 93 22:54:34 -0400
From: jt@linus.mitre.org
To: qed-owner@mcs.anl.gov
Subject: support

Robert Boyer states:

  It seems to me crucial that if the QED project is to have the support
  of the now very wide constructivist community, then underlying QED
  must be some such logic to which everyone can agree.

In the current climate of severely restricted research funding,
isn't the following also true and perhaps more relevant?

 If the QED project is to have the support of the scientific community
 as a whole, then it should have goals that can be stated in ways
 which people outside the field would find useful and worth funding.

In other words, if we want to get this thing going, shouldn't we look
outwards?

Javier Thayer