Continuing Conversation - NO Flames

cal@aero.org
Date: Wed, 5 May 93 11:35:46 PDT
From: cal@aero.org
To: qed@mcs.anl.gov
Subject: Continuing Conversation - NO Flames
Sender: qed-owner

I think Bob Boyer's reply to my somewhat intemperate message has helped
clarify some of the issues over which we differ.  I think some of the major
points are summarized well in his note, though I would probably express them
differently 8-).  More on this later.

My note about failures of imagination was not intended to imply ineptness;
only that we are up against a very hard problem, and we need even more smarts
about abstraction than the kinds currently in use.

I hope the discussion continues to gather more mathematicians who can comment
on their own impressions and expectations for such a system.

more later,
cal