Re: Document -- What's Done and What's to be Done

Alan Bundy <bundy@aisb.ed.ac.uk>
Via: uk.ac.edinburgh.aifh; Mon, 26 Apr 1993 13:28:32 +0100
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 93 13:28:23 BST
From: Alan Bundy <bundy@aisb.ed.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Document -- What's Done and What's to be Done
To: Dewey Val Schorre <val@netcom.com>
Cc: qed@aisb.ed.ac.uk
Sender: qed-owner
Val

> Someone could write nqthm as a tactic in HOL.

	That is essentially what we have been trying to do in the
Clam/Oyster system (see Carolyn Talcott's list).  Clam contains
tactics based on Nqthm. These drive Oyster.  Oyster is a copy of
Nuprl, but it could have been HOL, and at one time we had a
project with a student of Mike Gordon's to have Clam drive HOL.
Adaption to other tactic based provers would not be too
difficult.

			Alan